At Strong4Life, we help kids struggling with their weight get on a healthy track with lots of support—exactly where and when they need it. Our doctors, nutritionists and exercise physiologists work with families to make major lifestyle changes healthy, achievable and fun.
The Strong4Life Clinic is a multidisciplinary program for families struggling with weight and weight-related health issues. Offering both medical and surgical treatment options, our family-centered, motivational approach begins with complete medical assessments of obesity-related illnesses, nutrition, physical activity and mental health support needs.
Strong4Life Clinic referral criteria
- Patients with a BMI greater than the 85th percentile with a weight-related co-morbidity
- Patients with a BMI greater than the 95th percentile with or without a weight-related co-morbidity
- Families motivated to participate in more intensive program
Strong4Life Bariatric Program referral criteria
- Patients with BMI greater than 35 with major weight-related co-morbidity
- Patients with BMI greater than 40 with minor weight-related co-morbidity
- 95 percent skeletal maturity or Tanner stage 4 or 5
To make a referral to the Strong4Life Clinic, please fax to 404-785-9111:
- Patient demographics
- Clinic notes
- Growth charts
- Recent lab work
If your patient is eligible and interested in bariatric surgery, please indicate so on the patient's referral.
One we receive your documentation, we will send the family a new patient packet, welcoming them to the Strong4Life Clinic.
Camp Strong4Life provides a unique opportunity to help jump-start a healthier future for rising fourth-, fifth- and sixth-grade children with a BMI greater than the 85th percentile. Kids spend a fun-filled, action-packed week with our clinical team, including nutritionists and exercise physiologists, learning to set healthy goals and incorporate them at home.
Your patient is a good candidate for Camp Strong4Life if he or she:
- Is a rising fourth-, fifth- or sixth-grader
- Has a BMI greater than the 85th percentile
- Can commit to one full week of overnight camp at Camp Twin Lakes in Winder, Georgia
If you're interested in referring a patient or receiving camp promotional materials for your office, email us.
At Strong4Life provider trainings across the state, one question we keep hearing over and over from pediatric primary care practices is, “Where can we refer our patients who need weight management counseling?”
Increasing capacity to address Georgia’s childhood obesity crisis is a critical need. In response to this need, we have developed the Strong4Life RD Program, Essentials of Child and Adolescent Weight Management, to connect registered dietitians with pediatric primary care providers in need of referral resources. Dietitians who complete at least three of the four trainings offered in the program, and are currently accepting pediatric weight management referrals, earn the title of Strong4Life Certified RD.
View the Strong4Life Certified RD referral list.
If you have any questions about any of the Strong4Life Provider Programs, email us.