45 minutesPrep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 35 minutes
This tasty snack is full of flavor and packed with nutrients to keep you energized.
- 1 cup cleaned pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Pinch of cayenne (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a small saucepan, bring 4 cups water, seeds and 1 tablespoon salt to a boil. Simmer 10 minutes, then drain.
- Pat seeds dry between layers of paper towels.
- Toss seeds with olive oil, spread on a baking sheet and roast for about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle brown sugar, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika and cayenne seasoning over seeds.
- Roast 5 more minutes.