50 minutesPrep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 45 minutes
Weekends are busy, but this hearty breakfast will provide the whole family with the energy they need to make the most of each day.
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 cups low-fat milk (water can be used also)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium apples, chopped (2 cups)
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 F and spray a 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients in 2-quart casserole dish except walnuts.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until most liquid is absorbed; top dish with walnuts.