15 minutesPrep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes
Spice up your weekday mornings with these warm flavors.
- 1 cup low-fat milk or water
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, or cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Almonds, pecans, dried cranberries, raisins (optional)
- Stir together milk, oats and spice in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then lower to medium-low heat, stirring frequently.
- Simmer until oatmeal is desired consistency, about 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin puree and brown sugar, and heat until warm, about 1 minute.
- Add nuts or dried fruit if desired.