30 minutesPrep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes
Love leftovers? This casserole recipe is sure to please everyone in the family tonight—from toddler to teens—with enough left over for tomorrow’s lunch.
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup dry quinoa, cooked per package instructions
- 1 bag microwave-in-bag frozen broccoli, cooked per package instructions
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup frozen, chopped onion
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (15-ounce) can reduced/low sodium chicken broth or stock
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Heat about a teaspoon of olive oil in a saucepan. Sauté onion for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together milk and flour. Add to saucepan, along with chicken broth.
- Bring onions, milk, flour and chicken broth mixture to a boil, stirring frequently. Cook until thickened (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- Spray a 9-by-13-inch pan with cooking spray. Combine chicken, quinoa, broccoli, milk mixture and mayonnaise and mix well.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes.