25 minutesPrep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes
These delicious turkey burgers are a meal that the whole family will enjoy.
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 4 slices reduced-fat cheese
- 4 whole wheat buns
- In a medium bowl, combine turkey, ketchup, onion, salt and black pepper until blended well. Shape into four half-inch-thick patties.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet (or outdoor grill) with cooking spray and set over medium heat. When pan (or grill) is hot, add burgers and cook 4-5 minutes per side until cooked through (internal temperature of ground turkey should register 165 F).
- Place a slice of cheese on each burger. Cover skillet (or grill) and cook over low heat until cheese starts to melt (about 30 seconds.)