6-8 hoursPrep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 6-8 hours
This zesty chicken dish is a great way to wake up those taste buds and create a delicious weekday dinner.
- 1 jar (16-ounces) salsa
- 1 can (15-ounces) no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (or 1/2-1 tablespoon dried)
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken
- Combine salsa, beans, chili powder, cumin, lime juice and cilantro in slow cooker.
- Add chicken and stir well to coat in salsa mixture.
- Cover and cook on high for about 4 hours, or low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred chicken with fork, and serve over brown rice or in whole wheat tortillas along with cheese, lettuce or other toppings.