6-8 hoursPrep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 6-8 hours
Surprise your guests with all the familiar flavors of the holidays in a delicious new dish.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no salt added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté onion, green pepper and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add ground turkey and cook until brown.
- Drain and then add undrained tomatoes, corn, pumpkin, water, chili powder, cumin and pepper.
- Stir to combine.
- Option 1: Bring to a boil. Add beans. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 30-35 minutes (or until 165 F). Add toppings if desired. Option 2: Add beans, pour into greased slow cooker and cook on high heat for 4 to 5 hours, or low heat for 6 to 8 hours.