As part of the Strong4Life Early Feeding Program, participating practices hand out early feeding sheets to patient families at each well-child visit from birth to 3 years of age. These sheets are designed to provide evidence-based feeding recommendations to promote the development of healthy eating habits from the start.
If your practice has completed the Strong4Life Early Feeding Program Training and needs more feeding sheets, order more at no cost. Early feeding sheets are available in both English and Spanish.
If your practice has completed the Strong4Life Early Feeding Program, you are also eligible to receive a series of free children’s books. These bilingual books aim to educate parents on the importance of establishing healthy habits early in their child's life, through fun and engaging stories parents can read to their little ones. The books are designed to be handed out at well-child visits from 4 months to 15 months.
- 4 months: Baby Love (no juice)
- 6 months: Nana’s Garden (make half your plate veggies and fruits)
- 9 months: The Big Box (no screen time)
- 12 months: Backyard Picnic (increase water, no sugary drinks)
- 15 months: Playtime Anytime (engage in 60 minutes of active play each day)
How to order books:
We recommend designating one individual at your practice to serve as the point person to order books. Each practice will be provided with a unique login username and password that will be required for each book order. If you forget your username or password at any time, email us at Strong4LifeProvider@choa.org.
If your practice has multiple locations, please register each location separately to ensure that we have the correct address on file for shipping orders.
The Strong4Life Provider Training, Improving the Effectiveness of Childhood Obesity Counseling, is our cornerstone training program designed to help facilitate a patient-centered counseling session during a clinic visit for children ages 3 to 18. As part of the training, providers are equipped with a free toolkit with posters, patient assessments, goal sheets and more. If your practice has completed the Strong4Life Provider Training and needs more materials, order today.
All provider toolkit materials are available in English and Spanish.
- BMI poster: This poster is designed to hang in exam rooms for reference during patient visits.
- Healthy Habits assessment (child and teen): Parents (and adolescent patients) complete the assessment in the waiting room, and the results can be discussed during the visit.
- Healthy Habits handout: This handout is designed to go home with families. It reinforces discussions with parents during the child’s visit and is a gentle reminder to set realistic goals that involve the entire family.
- Goal sheet: The goal sheet is designed to go home with the family and serve as a reminder of the healthy habit goal set during the visit.