5 minutes, sits overnightPrep Time: 5 minutes
Fast, healthy and packed with yummy flavor combinations, overnight oatmeal is soon to be a family favorite.
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups low-fat milk (or water)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans or almonds)
- 3 cups fruit of choice (sliced bananas, peaches, apples, berries)
- Combine oats, milk, brown sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Next morning, scoop oatmeal into bowls and top with nuts and fruit. Oats can be eaten cold or warmed up in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. Nut butter can be used instead of nuts.