20 minutesPrep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes
Black bean sliders are a delicious and healthy alternative to beef with much more flavor.
- 1 (16-ounce) can of no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup of onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup corn
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 1/3 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a medium bowl or food processor, mash (or pulse) black beans into a thick paste.
- Stir rice, onion, corn and garlic into the bean paste.
- Add egg, chili powder, black pepper and cumin (optional).
- Add in the bread crumbs and mix until sticky and holds together.
- Separate mixture into 6 small patties.
- Place patties on the grill (with high heat) and cook each side for 4 to 6 minutes. If using a pan, coat with cooking spray and set over medium heat.
- Cook each side for 4 to 6 minutes on stove.
- Serve on whole wheat slider buns with fresh toppings like tomatoes, lettuce, sliced onions and pickles for added crunch; or, top with plain yogurt and salsa.