1 hour, 25 minutesPrep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 75 minutes
- 1 pound ground turkey or lean ground beef
- 1 (25-ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (15-ounce) container low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 9 whole-wheat lasagna noodles (uncooked)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large skillet, brown ground turkey or beef.
- Drain, rinse and return to pan.
- Add pasta sauce and 1 cup of water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, eggs, parsley, oregano, basil and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread about 1/2 cup meat sauce mixture on bottom of pan.
- Lay 3 noodles on bottom of pan, and top with about 1/3 meat sauce mixture.
- Top with 1/2 cheese mixture.
- Repeat another layer of noodles, 1/3 meat sauce mixture, and the rest of the cheese mixture.
- Layer last 3 noodles and the rest of the sauce, and top with the remaining 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 5-10 minutes.