1 hourPrep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 4-6 skinless chicken pieces (4 breasts, 6 thighs, 6 legs, or 6 tenderloins)
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3-4 cups corn cereal, like corn flakes or corn Chex
- 1-2 teaspoon dried spices and herbs to taste; try pepper, cayenne, paprika, rosemary or a combination
- Combine chicken and buttermilk in a shallow dish. Set aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Crush corn cereal by placing in a large plastic bag and crushing with a rolling pin. Transfer crumbs to a separate shallow dish and add herbs.
- Dip each piece of chicken into cereal mixture until well coated.
- Arrange chicken on baking sheet and bake until 165 F (about 20 minutes for smaller pieces or 30 minutes for larger pieces).
- Let chicken sit on hot baking sheet about 5 minutes.