50 minutesPrep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed and cubed
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch kale, stemmed and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- Black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add potatoes and cook for 20 to 30 minutes, or until soft.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Sauté onions for 4 minutes, or until soft.
- Add garlic and cook another minute.
- Add kale and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until wilted.
- Drain potatoes and return to pan.
- Mash with potato masher.
- Add milk and Parmesan cheese, and stir until well combined.
- Stir in kale.
- Season with black pepper.