6-8 hoursPrep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 6-8 hours
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen onions and bell peppers
- About 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits or chunks, canned in 100% juice
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick spray. Place frozen bell peppers and onions into bottom of slow cooker.
- Lay chicken on top.
- Add canned pineapple with juice, soy sauce and chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 to 5 hours, or on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- About 15 to 30 minutes before serving, mix cornstarch with a little water and stir into the slow cooker to thicken the sauce.
- Serve over brown rice.