8 hoursPrep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 8 hours
- 1 1/2 pounds chuck roast, trimmed of excess fat
- Salt, black pepper and thyme—just enough to season meat
- 2-3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small onions, cut into wedges
- 2-3 medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 bag frozen, sliced carrots
- 1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium beef broth
- Season meat with salt, pepper and thyme. Lightly coat with flour, and shake off excess.
- Heat olive oil in pan. Brown meat on both sides about 4 minutes on each side.
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick spray. Add onion, potatoes, celery and carrots.
- Lay roast on top of vegetables.
- Pour broth into the pan you used to brown the meat, and bring to a boil while scraping browned bits of meat from the pan. Pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8 hours.