6-8 hoursPrep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 6 to 8 hours
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 pound lean ground beef or ground sirloin
- 1 (12-ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (15-ounce) cans low-sodium vegetable or beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- Garlic powder to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Sauté onion and bell pepper in olive oil until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned.
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick spray. Add beef mixture and the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours. Remove bay leaf and serve.