55 minutesPrep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 45 minutes
What’s not to love about a tasty breakfast meal that you can make ahead of time? Make this blueberry baked oatmeal casserole on Sunday night and serve it all week long.
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon regular table salt
- 5 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (or any berry of choice). Reserve 1 cup.
- 3 1/2 cups milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons melted, unsalted butter
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, honey or sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray nonstick cooking spray on a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, minus 1 cup of berries.
- Pour oat mixture into the baking dish and top with remaining berries.
- Bake for 42 to 45 minutes, until the top is nice and golden.
- This oatmeal keeps well in the refrigerator, covered, for 4 to 5 days. Simply reheat individual portions in the microwave before serving.