13 minutesPrep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 8 minutes
You probably don’t hear of many people eating (or serving) quinoa for breakfast, but why not? Quinoa contains all 9 essential amino acids, making it a powerhouse source of vegetarian protein.
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked quinoa, well rinsed
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Topping options include peaches, bananas, sliced berries (fresh, frozen or canned), sliced almonds, milk (dairy or non-dairy), more spices to taste (cinnamon, nutmeg, etc.)
- Add quinoa, water, cinnamon, vanilla and a pinch of salt to Instant Pot.
- Close lid on the Instant Pot, making sure the knob is set to sealing. Select manual, high pressure, for 8 minutes.
- When the beep sounds, turn the knob to venting to release any remaining pressure. Once valve drops, remove the lid.
- Scoop the quinoa into a bowl and top with desired toppings.