50 minutesPrep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes
These vegetable egg muffins are a great breakfast entrée to make ahead of time in a big batch, and they taste just as good fresh out of the oven as they do frozen, thawed and then reheated in the microwave.
- 3 cups mixed vegetables of your choice (peppers, mushrooms, spinach, etc.)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 2 (12-cup) muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
- Wash and chop vegetables of choice.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine chopped veggies, garlic, onion and shredded cheese.
- Divide the vegetable mixture throughout the muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, milk, yogurt, and salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly into each muffin cup over the top of the vegetable mixture. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until set.
- Remove egg muffins from cups and serve warm or let cool completely and refrigerate/freeze. If freezing, it is best to wrap each egg muffin individually in plastic wrap to help prevent freezer burn. Then place all individually wrapped egg muffins in a freezer bag. Best if used within 2 to 3 months.