Strong4Life in Early Care and Education Programs
The first few years of life are critical to a child’s future health and well-being. Early care and education providers have a unique opportunity to support healthy habits within their early learning program, and to partner with families to support best practices in the home environment.
Because healthy habits impact a child’s overall development, we’re committed to helping create healthy early care and education environments where children can learn, play and thrive.
Whole-child approach to wellness
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Strong4Life supports a whole-child approach to wellness. To build strong bodies and minds, children need:
- Nutritious, developmentally appropriate foods in a positive mealtime environment.
- Structured and unstructured physical activity and gross motor skill development.
- Plenty of rest in a safe sleep environment.
- Opportunities to identify, express and manage their feelings.
- Caregivers who are responsive and nurturing and model healthy habits.
Our programs aim to help children grow healthy, inside and out.
Strong4Life provides training and resources to early care and education programs, including:
- Early Feeding in Early Care Program to help providers identify developmentally appropriate foods and responsive feeding practices. It also helps teachers create mealtimes that support feeding milestones and other domains of child development.
- Free online resources to create a healthy environment.
- Programs and resources for school-age kids in your after-school program.
Additional program development is underway, so check back soon.