8 hours and 15 minutesPrep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 8 hours
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or substitute 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (or substitute about 2 cups fresh)
- 1 cup lentils, rinsed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced no-salt-added tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker. For extra flavor, you can sauté the onions and garlic in olive oil before adding to slow cooker.
- Cook on low for about 8 hours.
- Serve over whole-wheat pasta.