Take Your Kids on a Virtual Field Trip
From our beloved Atlanta institutions to outer space, buckle your nonexistent seat belts and enjoy some exciting adventures around the world.
Georgia on my mind
- Zoo Atlanta’s PandaCam: Watch the pandas eat, play, sleep, repeat all day long!
- Georgia Aquarium webcams: Check in on the sea otters, penguins, beluga whales and many more animals.
- Center of Puppetry Arts Livestream: Use your Facebook account to stream different, live puppet shows throughout the day.
Zoos, aquariums, parks, museums and more across North America
- San Diego Zoo: From tigers and pandas to giraffes and butterflies, enjoy any of their 11 live cams.
- Monterey Bay Aquarium: Check out the sharks, sea otters and more on the aquarium’s 10 different live cams.
- Smithsonian’s National Zoo: Their cheetah cubs and naked mole-rats are on display in 2 of their 5 live cams.
- Houston Zoo: Enjoy their 7 web cams from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. CST.
- Stellarium Web Planetarium: Get a realistic projection of the night sky in real time.
- The Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History: Don’t miss the dinosaurs and the Ice Age exhibit!
- Boston Children’s Museum: Take your own tour, step by step, of the entire museum.
- Yellowstone National Park: Take a tour of one of our most beloved national parks and see the Grand Canyon section, geysers, hot springs, mud volcanoes and more.
- Yosemite National Park: Hop around some incredibly breathtaking sights.
- Great Lakes: Learn all about coastal wetlands and algal blooms and explore lake sturgeon.
- U.S. Census Bureau: Take a virtual field trip to learn more about how census data is collected and used.
- Virtual Farm Tours: Watch videos and learn about what it is like to run and work on a real farm.
- Birthplace of Music: Take a trip through the world of music history.
International (and intergalactic) exploration
- The Nature Conservancy: Take a virtual trip to the rainforests of Borneo, the coral reefs of Palau, China’s great forests and so much more!
- The Louvre: Visit the museum’s exhibition rooms and galleries in Paris, France.
- Access Mars: You can go to Mars. Yes, really!
- Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre: Step inside London’s famed Globe Theater, a recreation of the original theater where many of Shakespeare’s plays were performed.
About The Author
Chelsea Walker, LCSW
Chelsea is a licensed therapist, implementing the Strong4Life emotional wellness initiatives in the community.
View Bio >