When students practice healthy habits, they are more likely to perform better at all levels of academic achievement: academic performance, education, behavior, and cognitive skills and attitudes. The Strong4Life Challenge Program helps educate students about the importance of following healthy habits, and we are committed to helping schools like yours create healthy school environments where children can learn, play and thrive.
What is the Challenge Program?
Strong4Life Challenge is an elementary-school-based program that teaches students, teachers and staff how healthy habits help build strong bodies and strong minds. Our energetic team visits a select number of metro Atlanta schools multiple times throughout the year, providing fun, interactive education—complete with a school-wide pep rally with lots of music and dancing!
In addition to Challenge Team visits, participating schools also:
- Make a pledge to work on one small change to promote healthy environments.
- Select staff members to be a Wellness Champion.
- Receive water bottles, t-shirts and other resources for all students, teachers and staff.
- Have access to one-on-one support from Strong4Life to meet your individual school needs and goals.
Who is eligible to receive the Challenge?
To be eligible to receive the Challenge Program, your:
- School must be located in the metro Atlanta area.
- School nutrition managers must complete the Strong4Life School Nutrition Training.
We work directly with district School Nutrition Directors to select which schools will receive the Strong4Life Challenge Program each year.
What are schools saying about Challenge?
- “The overall experience was great from communication, organization and implementation.”
- “Amazing experience for our students and staff!”
- “The level of engagement of the team excited the students and the staff.”
- “The entire atmosphere of the school increased in a positive way.”
- “The program was well received by our school community. Students are excited and talking about making better choices.”
- “Students were excited about making a healthy change because of Strong4Life coming to our school!”