Foods and Feeding Practices for Infants Training
This on-demand infant feeding training covers healthy feeding practices for babies from birth to 1 year old (including what and how to feed). Participants can choose to complete the training in English or Spanish, and it is broken up into 4 modules that should take a total of an hour to complete. Participants will have the opportunity to pause and return after completing each module.
Who is the infant feeding module for?
This training is designed to help early care educators, teachers, administrators and other staff to:
- Gain knowledge on appropriate bottle-feeding techniques.
- Identify developmentally appropriate foods for starting solids.
- Identify developmentally appropriate foods for self-feeding.
- Support infant feeding skills and milestones.
- Use mealtimes to support child development.
Why participate in this training?
Upon completion of this training from the majority of the center, you will be eligible to receive:
- Bright From The Start (BFTS) credit hour
- Educational posters pictured below at no cost. (Georgia residents only)
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta is an approved entity by Bright from the Start: Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning.
This training has been approved for 1 hour of continuing education for early care and education professionals in Georgia, meeting Workforce Knowledge Competency 1.4. Certificates will be provided upon completion of the training and a post-training survey.
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta planning committee members and content experts have no relevant financial relationship to declare. Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta did not receive commercial support for this continuing education activity.
In order to document your participation and provide continuing education credits, we need to collect private information, including your name and email address. Your information will not be shared or used for other purposes.