Self-Screening Tips for School Staff
If your school is practicing in-person learning this school year, it’s more important than ever to be mindful of your health and wellness to prevent the spread of germs. Use this checklist to self-screen before heading to school, daycare or other learning facilities.
Follow this checklist before leaving home each day to screen yourself for COVID-19 symptoms:
- Temperature greater than 100.4°F
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle or body aches
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- New loss of taste of smell
Do not go to work if you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, and consult with your healthcare provider to determine whether you need medical care.
Going back to school safely
To go back to school safely:
- Dedicate time in your morning routine to self-screen before leaving your home.
- Use the same thermometer on the same spot each day for consistency. Any type of thermometer will do, but if you take your temperature orally (by mouth), don’t eat or drink anything within 15 minutes prior.
- Wash your hands frequently and make it part of your daily routine.
The information provided is only a recommendation. Be aware of and follow your school's or district’s guidelines for reporting exposure and returning to school. Visit the CDC for the most up-to-date list of COVID-19 symptoms.