Referring Patients to Strong4Life
For patients who require additional clinical attention, refer them to one of our Strong4Life Clinical Treatment Programs.
What is the Strong4Life Clinic?
The Strong4Life Clinic is a multidisciplinary program for families struggling with weight and weight-related health issues. Offering both medical and surgical treatment options, our family-centered, motivational approach begins with complete medical assessments of obesity-related illnesses, nutrition, physical activity and mental health support needs.
Strong4Life Clinic referral criteria
- Patients with a BMI greater than the 85th percentile with a weight-related comorbidity
- Patients with a BMI greater than the 95th percentile with or without a weight-related comorbidity
- Families motivated to participate in more intensive program
Strong4Life Bariatric Program referral criteria
- Patients with a BMI greater than 35 with major weight-related comorbidity
- Patients with a BMI greater than 40 with minor weight-related comorbidity
- 95% skeletal maturity or Tanner stage 4 or 5
Strong4Life Clinic referral process
To schedule an appointment with the Strong4Life Clinic, we need the following:
- A referral from the child's physician
- A new patient packet filled out by the caregiver
Caregivers can fill out the new patient packet online or scan the QR code below to complete it on their mobile device.
Referral from your child's doctor
Please ask your child's doctor to fax your referral to 404-785-9111. It should include:
- Most recent clinic notes
- Most recent lab work results
- Growth charts
- Contact information
For general questions related to the Strong4Life Clinic, call 404-785-5437 or email Strong4LifeClinic@choa.org.
Referring patients to a registered dietitian
For your patients who do not meet the criteria for the Strong4Life Clinic but are interested in weight management counseling, view a list of registered dietitians who have participated in Strong4Life training.
Referring patients to Camp Strong4Life
Camp Strong4Life provides a unique opportunity to help jump-start a healthier future for kids who are 8 to 12 years old with a BMI greater than the 85th percentile. Kids spend a fun-filled, action-packed week with our clinical team, including dietitians and exercise physiologists, learning to set healthy goals and incorporate them at home.
Your patient is a good candidate for Camp Strong4Life if they:
- Are 8 to 12 years old.
- Have a BMI greater than the 85th percentile.
- Can commit to one full week of overnight camp at Camp Twin Lakes in Winder, Georgia.
If you're interested in referring a patient or receiving camp promotional materials for your office, email us at CampStrong4Life@choa.org.