Referring Patients to Strong4Life
For patients who require additional clinical attention, refer them to one of our Strong4Life Clinical Treatment Programs.
What is the Strong4Life Clinic?
The Strong4Life Clinic is a multidisciplinary program for families struggling with weight and weight-related health issues. Offering both medical and surgical treatment options, our family-centered, motivational approach begins with complete medical assessments of obesity-related illnesses, nutrition, physical activity and mental health support needs.
Strong4Life Clinic referral criteria
- Patients with a BMI greater than the 85th percentile with a weight-related comorbidity
- Patients with a BMI greater than the 95th percentile with or without a weight-related comorbidity
- Families motivated to participate in more intensive program
Strong4Life Bariatric Program referral criteria
- Patients with a BMI greater than 35 with major weight-related comorbidity
- Patients with a BMI greater than 40 with minor weight-related comorbidity
- 95% skeletal maturity or Tanner stage 4 or 5
Strong4Life Clinic referral process
To make a referral to the Strong4Life Clinic, please fax to 404-785-9111:
- Patient demographics
- Clinic notes
- Growth charts
- Recent lab work
If your patient is eligible and interested in bariatric surgery, please indicate so on the patient's referral.
Referring patients to a registered dietitian
For your patients who do not meet the criteria for the Strong4Life Clinic but are interested in weight management counseling, view a list of registered dietitians who have participated in Strong4Life training.
Referring patients to Camp Strong4Life
Camp Strong4Life provides a unique opportunity to help jump-start a healthier future for kids who are 8 to 12 years old with a BMI greater than the 85th percentile. Kids spend a fun-filled, action-packed week with our clinical team, including dietitians and exercise physiologists, learning to set healthy goals and incorporate them at home.
Your patient is a good candidate for Camp Strong4Life if they:
- Are 8 to 12 years old.
- Have a BMI greater than the 85th percentile.
- Can commit to one full week of overnight camp at Camp Twin Lakes in Winder, Georgia.
If you're interested in referring a patient or receiving camp promotional materials for your office, email us at CampStrong4Life@choa.org.